Sunday, July 25, 2010

Activity #3-Karaoke

The many pros and cons of singing karaoke at the Maple Room:

Pros:
  • amazing music selection
  • spending time with great company
  • meeting new people with cool nicknames
  • drunks singing karaoke off-key makes it a lot easier to get up and sing in front of everyone
  • no cover
Cons:
  • metal bars on the windows on the outside
  • peeling paint on the inside
  • there is a sprinkling of sketchy patrons
  • the bartender wags his finger at you when you yawn
  • clouds of tobacco smoke
My conclusions? Who wants to attend a cookie cutter bar and spend $5-$10 on a cover? Not me, which is why I'll be visiting the Maple Room again someday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Its so much fun hunting for free fun things to do huh! I still think you should post the photoshoot... say "find a budding photographer who wants to practice and offer to be their subject." Then add a link to my photography blog. ;) Hehe...

    ReplyDelete