Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Dream



I just married the love of my life on June 12, 2010. Every moment since that day, I think about starting a family. It may be because I'm turning 30 this year or because I have finally found the father of my children. Either way, we have determined to change our lifestyles so that can afford our dream: raising our kids with a full-time mom.

We have a lot stacked against us. My 8% pay cut at work begins next month. My sweet husband is a Navy vet and is working on a degree in computer science. We are so fortunate that he has the GI Bill. Still, 3 years until his graduation means that we are living and planning our future on my salary and his school allowance.

It's going to take a lot of sacrifice to realize our dream, but I know that it will be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool blog, I lOVE it! I am one of the cheapest people I know but even I can be better. I can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, first of all, congrats on your wedding! Second, your blog is an awesome idea and you're doing it for the best cause there is: being a mom to your children. I am sick of hearing that to have a family you have to have a dual income. That the biggest lie! It breaks my heart seeing children that have both mom and dad and are being raised by somebody else. It just makes no sense!
    I can completely relate to your financial situation. My husband is in a military and I quit working shortly after my son was born. And yes, money is tight, but I would never ever want to be doing anything else but to watch my babies grow and learn every day. Who cares about a second car or a bigger and nicer place to live if you're not being a mother to your own children first?
    So, anyway, I have several ideas for free fun and will have to go back to your blog and comment more of course :) I know it may be hard to adjust for you guys at first, but don't ever doubt that you're doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind you all the way Mel. As you know, I mostly stayed home to be my children's mom. There were sacrifices on all our parts, but it was what was most important to me. I guess it still stands as the jury out, as to if it was the right choice, but for me. . . there was no other choice. Fabulous idea, I LOVE the 'money saved' log and will be watching as we do our own 'starting over' count. Love you!

    ReplyDelete